- Jan Henning Thorsen
- 24th of Februar, 1983
- Maritial status
- Norwegian and English
- Employee at Telenor: System developer and system designer. Core focus on router automation and web development.
- Employee at Redpill Linpro: Consultant and system developer.
- Employee at Eidolon A/S: Software developer and web designer. Supporting customers, with question regarding cable networks and DOCSIS.
- Part time employee at Montér Tvedestrand: Sales consultant.
- Part time employee at Grimstad Kabel-TV: Software developer and web designer.
- Part time employee at Laget Byggsenter / Fiane Byggshop: Knowledge with materials and customer attention.
- Honours degree in telecommunication: "EuroDOCSIS 2.0, how it works and specification".
- Bachelor degree in telecommunication, Høyskolen i Agder.
- Distinct study qualification, Høyskolen i Agder.
- Further education course in electronics, Arendal Maritime.
- Basic course in general electronics, Risør Videregånde Skole.
- Elementary school, completed at Tvedestrand Ungdomskole.
I've studied these topics in both personal and work relations:
- Web technologies
- Interested in delivering quality products. Quality to me, means readable code, good test coverage and structured documentation.
- I like to be involved in system design. I'm good at seeing small changes, that have big impact.
- Passion for open source. I have a hard time seeing myself work with (only) closed technologies.
- Git - Version control system.
- Ansible - System automation.
- Swagger - The World's Most Popular Framework for APIs.
- Mojolicious - Real time web framework.
- Convos - Web based chat application.
- Grumpify - Add cats to your pictures.
- Betsy - Bet with friends.
- See also Github for complete list of projects.
- 30 hours with basic Chinese.
- One week Cuda CMTS course.
My main interest is programming, both in frontend and backend. I like to learn new things about API design, but also design principles regarding frontend development. I also like to take a walk, jog or go skiing. Whenever I can, I travel to meet new people and experience new places.